Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- Why All The Shark Attacks? Expert Says There's Many Possibilities
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
David Ford earned his Bachelor and Master degrees in clarinet performance at Northwestern University, where he also studied composition and jazz arranging. After a career as a principal clarinetist in orchestras throughout the interior of Mexico, David returned to the states and began a radio-announcing career in Austin, Texas. At 89.5 KMFA, David produced and hosted hundreds of programs. Three of them (Mind Your Music, The Basics and T.G.I.F. Thank Goodness It’s Familiar) won international awards in the Fine Arts Radio Competition.
At WFDD David writes, hosts and produces the 4-minute daily arts feature Triad Arts that airs Monday through Fridays at 8:35 AM and 5:44 PM. He also writes, hosts and co-produces the hour-long arts magazine Triad Arts Weekend on Fridays at 1:00 PM. David has written national features for KUSC and CPRN in Los Angeles and conducted interviews for Minnesota Public Radio's Weekend America.
In his spare time, David enjoys playing tennis, drinking Krankie’s coffee with his wife, and family walks in the woods with their eight-year-old son, Rafa.