Most Active Stories
- After Reynolds/Lorillard Merger, Many Questions Remain
- What The Supreme Court's Decision On Same-Sex Marriage Will Mean For North Carolina
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- The Love Language, Dmitry Sitkovetsky, and Taylor Brown
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.