Most Active Stories
- Cirkus Theatre Collaboration Between UNCSA and Cirque du Soleil Is In Third Season
- In Depth: Greensboro Lawyer Explains What New Federal Pregnancy Guidelines Mean For You
- Guilford County Youth React to Ferguson Shooting, Protests
- New River Blues Festival Kicks Off This Weekend
- Winston-Salem Lawyers to Argue Gun Law Before U.S. Supreme Court
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.