Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Appalachian State Reaches Out after 5 Student Deaths This Year
- Paying Doctors For Value, Not Volume: Cornerstone Health Care Changes Its Business Model
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- One-Man Show "Dance for Grandma" Premieres at Greensboro Fringe Festival
- Dmitry Sitkovetsky Performs the Great Violin Concerto No. 1 by Shostakovich
Justin Catanoso is senior lecturer and director of journalism at Wake Forest University. He has also had a 30-year career as a professional journalist at newspapers in Pennsylvania, Tennessee and North Carolina. He was founding executive editor of The Business Journal in the Triad, which started publishing in 1998. There, he helped lead a newsroom in its coverage of business and economic trends across the region. Previously, Justin spent 11 years as a reporter with the News & Record of Greensboro. There he received a Pulitzer Prize nomination in 1992 for his investigative reporting into fraud in the tobacco industry. That project was awarded the Science in Society Award by the National Association of Science Writers. He won numerous state and national writing honors while at the News & Record and The Business Journal.
In 2008, HarperCollins published his first book, a family memoir titled My Cousin the Saint, A Search for Faith, Family, and Miracles. Harper Perennial published it in paperback in 2009. My Cousin the Saint was a Book of the Month Club selection and a summer reading pick by the Order Sons of Italy in America. Justin's writing has also appeared in The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, BusinessWeek, US Airways and Delta inflight magazines, Catholic Digest, and on National Public Radio.
Justin is married to singer-songwriter Laurelyn Dossett. They live in Greensboro and have three daughters.