Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Karen Kantziper is thrilled to be a part of WFDD, since she has been a fan of the station and a public radio enthusiast for many years. She was born in Savannah, Georgia, but considers North Carolina home as she’s lived here for 23 years. Karen formerly worked in sales for a local TV affiliate for 13 years. Before that, she was Public Relations Director at the American Red Cross in Georgia after also working in blood donor recruitment. After taking a professional break to assist her husband with his video business and to raise their son, she became an active volunteer at her son’s school and held several school PTA Officer positions including President. She has chaired various PTA committees throughout the years including fund raising. Karen is a past President of the Piedmont Triad Advertising Federation. Currently, she is on the board of her son’s high school marching band boosters. Karen is a graduate of the University of Georgia where she received her Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication with a major in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. In her leisure time Karen enjoys spending time with her family and friends, cooking, music, going to the gym and visiting the coast. She lives in Greensboro with husband Glen (a fellow UGA graduate) and son Davis.