Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Keri Brown is a reporter and host at WFDD. She comes to the Triad from West Virginia Public Broadcasting, where she served as the Chief Bureau Reporter for the Northern Panhandle. Prior to her time at West Virginia Public Broadcasting, Keri was the head assignment editor at WTRF-TV in Wheeling and a field producer and assignment manager at WPGH Fox 53 in Pittsburgh. She is a graduate of Ohio University.
Keri has also served as an adjunct professor at Wheeling Jesuit University and Bethany College in West Virginia. She enjoys covering business and education stories. Keri has worked with the Center for Educational Technologies in Wheeling, W. Va. and other NASA centers across the country to develop several stories about the use of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) concepts in the classroom.
Keri won a 2011 PRNDI award for her spot news coverage during the funeral for five Guilford County children who died in a murder-suicide shooting rampage.
The West Virginia Associated Press Broadcasters Association awarded first place in the Feature category for her 2010 story about steel communities suffering from layoffs. Keri also received an Associated Press Award for Best Enterprise Reporting in 2005 for her story about drug trafficking in Wheeling.