Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Video Project Delves into the Art of Sharing
- Closings, Delays, Cancellations: Tuesday November 26
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
Sara joined the staff of WFDD in the fall of 2013. As the Listener Services and Volunteer Coordinator, she is delighted to answer questions about programming, membership, and community events featured on our 10 & 2 Calendar.
Sara comes to the Triad from Chicago where she worked for the Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust and the Seminary Co-op Bookstore on the University of Chicago campus. She received her B.A. in Philosophy and French Language & Literature from The University of Chicago in 2011. As a student, she focused on the philosophy of literature and the philosophy of language, asking questions like: “Why have people always told stories?” and “What can we learn from a story that we cannot learn in any other way?” After graduation, Sara had the opportunity to spend a year teaching English in Montbéliard, France. This experience reinforced her curiosity about the world, and she is delighted to now be continually exposed to both national and international news stories at WFDD.
Sara is inspired by the power of public radio to connect people and create a deeper sense of community. She loves her new home in Winston-Salem where she enjoys hiking, going to the farmers markets, and spending time with friends and family.