Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Helen Simoneau Danse Begins International Tour
- Concert Will Showcase Pop Music of Winston-Salem
- North Carolina Residents Reflect on the One Year Anniversary of the Passage of Amendment One
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
Wed March 20, 2013
The "12 Angry Men" of Twin City Stage
12 Angry Men was nominated for Academy Awards for Best Actor (Henry Fonda), Best Picture and Best Writing. But before the Hollywood hit movie, it was an award-winning drama about 11 jurors believing a capital murder defendant is guilty and one juror who takes a courageous stand for what he believes is justice.
The final verdict will have you on the edge of your seat at Twin City Stage in Winston-Salem. 12 Angry Men by Reginald Rose and directed by Twin City Stage Executive Director Norman Ussery will open Friday, April 5, at 8pm, and there’ll be a Saturday matinee, April 6, at 2pm with no evening show that night. The performances of 12 Angry Men continue through Sunday, April 14. Norman spoke with me along with TCS actors Ken Ashford who plays Juror No. Three, and Don Pocock who plays Juror No. Eight. Tempers get short, arguments grow heated, and the jurors transform into 12 angry men. This will be the final TCS production under the leadership of Norman Ussery who will step down as Executive Director in June 2013.