Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
Wed March 20, 2013
The "12 Angry Men" of Twin City Stage
12 Angry Men was nominated for Academy Awards for Best Actor (Henry Fonda), Best Picture and Best Writing. But before the Hollywood hit movie, it was an award-winning drama about 11 jurors believing a capital murder defendant is guilty and one juror who takes a courageous stand for what he believes is justice.
The final verdict will have you on the edge of your seat at Twin City Stage in Winston-Salem. 12 Angry Men by Reginald Rose and directed by Twin City Stage Executive Director Norman Ussery will open Friday, April 5, at 8pm, and there’ll be a Saturday matinee, April 6, at 2pm with no evening show that night. The performances of 12 Angry Men continue through Sunday, April 14. Norman spoke with me along with TCS actors Ken Ashford who plays Juror No. Three, and Don Pocock who plays Juror No. Eight. Tempers get short, arguments grow heated, and the jurors transform into 12 angry men. This will be the final TCS production under the leadership of Norman Ussery who will step down as Executive Director in June 2013.