Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- Ethnosh Brings People Together Through Food
- Molly McGinn, RiverRun, Mary Poppins, Surry Old Time Fiddler's Convention, and Present Continuous
- Meet the Artist: Saxophonist and Composition Student Anna Meadors
- Trouble In Paradise–Too Much Plastic In Our Oceans
Fri May 23, 2014
After 10 Years of Rapid Growth, Can High Point University Keep Growing?
By almost any measure, the story of High Point University in the past decade under the leadership of University President Nido Qubein, has been one of unparalleled growth and change.
The once declining Methodist school has a sparkling new campus that is four times as large with twice as many faculty and three times as many students as it had in 2005. Qubein has raised tens of millions of dollars and spent more than a billion. Admirers applaud his vision; skeptics wonder if he’s built a house of cards that will be felled by debt.
In his cover story this week in the Triad Business Journal, reporter Matt Evans digs into the numbers behind the growth at High Point University to reach some compelling findings. Justin Catanoso, a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD, interviewed Evans to lean more.
Matt Evans is a reporter with the Triad Business Journal. To read Matt Evan's story go to -- triad.bizjournals.com.
Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University.