Most Active Stories
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
Fri June 27, 2014
The Arts Council and Power2Give Fund Local Creative Projects
Power2Give is an online fundraising platform used by the Arts Council of Winston-Salem to help support a variety of different programs offered by The Council’s 19 member organizations. It’s a fundraising vehicle that’s similar to Kickstarter in which the organization has up to 60 days to raise funds. This year, the Milton Rhodes Innovative Project Grant will provide some matching dollars to help each group meet their goals. One of those projects is funding a feature length film by Authoring Action teen author, and co-director Nonnie Egbuna titled “Day Dreams & Weird Faces”. And another current example is funding the city’s first ever publicly commissioned piece of art by sculptor Vandorn Hinnant. He has created the 10 foot steel monument celebrating our city. “Together We Rise” which will be located in Corpening Plaza downtown.
David Ford also spoke with Dara Silver, Director of Member Services and Grants for the Arts Council of W-S/Forsyth County and Authoring Action Artistic Director Nathan Ross Freeman. He was joined by former Authoring Action student filmmaker Dionna Daniel. She is currently a rising sophomore at the California School of the Arts.
You can track the progress of Authoring Action teen author Nonnie Ebula and her film “Day Dreams & Weird Facts” and artist Vandorn Hinnant’s sculpture bases created for the Winston-Salem Centennial commemorative sculpture at power2give.org.