Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Mon April 29, 2013
Author Jo Maeder Talks About Her First Memoir and New Release "Opposite Attacks"
Jo Maeder is the Greensboro-based author of the Kindle Memoir Bestseller When I Married My Mother: A Daughter’s Search for What Really Matters—and How She Found It Caring for Mama Jo.
Signed copies of her book will be given to those in attendance at a Charles Schwab event coming up on the evening of Thursday May 9th at the O. Henry Hotel in Greensboro. Jo will be the featured speaker with her talk “Living through the long goodbye: Handling the complex emotions and decisions of a loved one in decline”. It’s a free dinner event with limited seating, and attendees must RSVP to (336) 292-3829 . Jo’s talk will also include the debut of her new novel Opposites Attack which will be on sale at the Schwab event.
You can read Jo’s essay about being held hostage by Mama Jo’s House of Dolls in the May 9th edition of the New York Times.
In addition to her appearance at the O. Henry, Jo will be at the kickoff for Relay for Life at Page High School Friday, May 17th from 5-7PM. The event runs from 7pm to 7 am. Yes, that’s not a typo!