Most Active Stories
- In Depth: Greensboro Lawyer Explains What New Federal Pregnancy Guidelines Mean For You
- Cirkus Theatre Collaboration Between UNCSA and Cirque du Soleil Is In Third Season
- New River Blues Festival Kicks Off This Weekend
- UNCG Students and Faculty Collaborate on Collage Performance
- New Zealand-Based Johnny Possum Band Performs in the Triad
Wed March 5, 2014
Béla Fleck and Abigail Washburn to Perform at Crossroads at SECCA
He’s been nominated in more musical categories than any other musician in the history of the Grammy Awards. She’s been called “a modern classic” by the Boston Globe, and “a daring, defiant talent” by the Wall Street Journal. This weekend they’ll share their amazing artistry with Triad audiences at the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art. Crossroads @ SECCA #9 presents internationally renowned banjo sensation Béla Fleck and singer/banjoist Abigail Washburn on the intimate stage of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art in Winston-Salem. The husband and wife duo will perform two shows on Saturday, March 8th. They spoke with David Ford by phone from their home in Nashville, Tennessee.
15-time Grammy Award-winner Béla Fleck, and his wife acclaimed banjoist/singer Abigail Washburn. Today, we're sampling from their live performances across the country. Their next tour stop is the Triad. On Saturday, March 8th Crossroads @ SECCA #9 will present two concerts, one at 5 and 7:30 in the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art auditorium in Winston-Salem.
*Please note: Both the 5:00pm and 7:30pm concerts at SECCA recently sold out.
Watch Abigail Washburn's TED Talk - Building U.S.-China Relations by Banjo: