Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Fri May 2, 2014
From Barbecue Cart to Multi-Million Dollar Company, Texas Pete Sees International Growth
There are millions of bottles of Texas Pete hot sauce at diners, military bases and pantries around the world.
And every one of those bottles is filled in a plain, red-brick building north of downtown Winston-Salem. For more than 80 years, Winston-Salem has been the home of TW Garner Food Company. The family owned business makes one of the top three hot sauces in the country.
In this week’s cover story in the Triad Business Journal, reporter Catherine Carlock goes inside to learn what’s so hot about this hot sauce maker.
To read Catherine Carlock’s stories and more breaking business news from the region, go to the Triad Business Journal online at triad.bizjournals.com. Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD.