Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
Fri May 2, 2014
From Barbecue Cart to Multi-Million Dollar Company, Texas Pete Sees International Growth
There are millions of bottles of Texas Pete hot sauce at diners, military bases and pantries around the world.
And every one of those bottles is filled in a plain, red-brick building north of downtown Winston-Salem. For more than 80 years, Winston-Salem has been the home of TW Garner Food Company. The family owned business makes one of the top three hot sauces in the country.
In this week’s cover story in the Triad Business Journal, reporter Catherine Carlock goes inside to learn what’s so hot about this hot sauce maker.
To read Catherine Carlock’s stories and more breaking business news from the region, go to the Triad Business Journal online at triad.bizjournals.com. Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD.