Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Thu December 19, 2013
Beating the Holiday Blues
Are you feeling overwhelmed with holiday stress? Well you’re probably are not alone. But Andy Hagler, the executive Director of the Mental Health Association in Forsyth County, Inc., says the family and social demands surrounding the holiday season can be mastered. He recently sat down with WFDD’s Keri Brown to share his tips for coping with holiday stress.
Hagler says it's ok to feel sad, angry or lonely during the holiday season, but take some time each day to care for and celebrate yourself. He says if the feelings persist past the holidays, seek help from a counselor, pastor or loved one. Hagler says The Mental Health Association in Forsyth County, Inc. offers an array of free support programs and services.