Most Active Stories
- 'In God We Trust' Motto To Be Installed On NC Government Buildings
- Neighbors Lobby For More Regulation On Chicken Farms
- Forsyth County Among Worst For Income Mobility
- Playwright Beth Henley, Artist Alexis Lavine, "The Wire", and Composer Tom Hauser
- Environmental Groups Take Legal Action Against Large Factory Farms
Thu December 19, 2013
Beating the Holiday Blues
Are you feeling overwhelmed with holiday stress? Well you’re probably are not alone. But Andy Hagler, the executive Director of the Mental Health Association in Forsyth County, Inc., says the family and social demands surrounding the holiday season can be mastered. He recently sat down with WFDD’s Keri Brown to share his tips for coping with holiday stress.
Hagler says it's ok to feel sad, angry or lonely during the holiday season, but take some time each day to care for and celebrate yourself. He says if the feelings persist past the holidays, seek help from a counselor, pastor or loved one. Hagler says The Mental Health Association in Forsyth County, Inc. offers an array of free support programs and services.