Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Real Home of Christmas
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Wed August 21, 2013
Behind the Scenes: Hoots Roller Bar and Beer Company
West End Millworks is a newly developed incubator for entrepreneurial adventures and DIY culture for the creative benefit of the Triad. Dedicated to arts, crafts, and creative manufacturing, West End Millworks sits along the edge of Winston-Salem's historic West End neighborhood.
Millworks is also the home of Hoots Roller Bar, a new bar and brewery focused on developing beer that reflects the local culture. Local musicians and all around creative artists, Eric Swaim, Eric Weyer, and Ralph Pritts say this is much more than another drinking hole. They’ve designed Hoots from the ground up as a piece of functional art, with all construction having been done by the owners, by hand, incorporating 100-year-old woods & found objects into a place where people can unwind surrounded by unique eye candy.
Hoots currently has a Kickstarter campaign running through August 27th to help them with the funds to get the brewery open as soon as possible.
Eddie Garcia spoke with the co-owners on site at Hoots Roller Bar.