Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Mon December 23, 2013
The Blessing of Some 'Earthly' Guardian Angels
Jane Gray says her life is proof miracles happen.
Vocalist Jane Gray was born in Winston-Salem in 1924. When she was five, she sang her first solo at Fairview Moravian Church. This helped inspired her to sing as a career. But uncertainty crept in during her freshman year at Salem College. Her father died and Gray had no way of paying her school bills.
However, to her surprise, some guardian angels took her under their wings. Gray honors their memory in this StoryLine segment. StoryLine gives voice to everyday people throughout our community as they share the experiences that shape their lives. It is a project of the ECHO Network, dedicated to building trusting relationships in our community.