Most Active Stories
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Friday March 7, 2014
- Your Federal Tax Refund Could Be Delayed
- Guilford County Schools Closed Monday Because of Ongoing Power Outages
- Looking Behind the Moral Monday Protests
- 'Thank God for Gas, Generators & Headlights - Guilford County Residents Struggle Without Power
Mon December 23, 2013
The Blessing of Some 'Earthly' Guardian Angels
Jane Gray says her life is proof miracles happen.
Vocalist Jane Gray was born in Winston-Salem in 1924. When she was five, she sang her first solo at Fairview Moravian Church. This helped inspired her to sing as a career. But uncertainty crept in during her freshman year at Salem College. Her father died and Gray had no way of paying her school bills.
However, to her surprise, some guardian angels took her under their wings. Gray honors their memory in this StoryLine segment. StoryLine gives voice to everyday people throughout our community as they share the experiences that shape their lives. It is a project of the ECHO Network, dedicated to building trusting relationships in our community.