Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- J. W. Pepper Music Presents "Summer Sacred Choral Showcase"
- Triad To Do: The Fantastic Four, Blueberries, and Beermosas
- As The NC Court Weighs Voucher Program, Families Play The Waiting Game
- Local Textile Company Makes A 'Seamless' Transition To Spur Growth
Mon December 23, 2013
The Blessing of Some 'Earthly' Guardian Angels
Jane Gray says her life is proof miracles happen.
Vocalist Jane Gray was born in Winston-Salem in 1924. When she was five, she sang her first solo at Fairview Moravian Church. This helped inspired her to sing as a career. But uncertainty crept in during her freshman year at Salem College. Her father died and Gray had no way of paying her school bills.
However, to her surprise, some guardian angels took her under their wings. Gray honors their memory in this StoryLine segment. StoryLine gives voice to everyday people throughout our community as they share the experiences that shape their lives. It is a project of the ECHO Network, dedicated to building trusting relationships in our community.