Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Around the Nation
Mon February 11, 2013
Blizzard Conditions Don't Stop Happy Events
Originally published on Mon February 11, 2013 11:41 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with tales of the New England blizzard. Donna Ambrosia went into labor in Norwich, Connecticut. She inched toward the hospital in an ambulance behind a snowplow and the baby was born in the parking lot. In Portland, Maine, Karen Willis and Greg Beal went ahead with their wedding. Some guests didn't make it, but the bride says it's like the blizzard before her parents married, and the groom declared: Weather be damned, it's been a great day.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.