Most Active Stories
- Rosetta: Space probe drops robotic lander on comet 67P
- Report: NC 4th in Nation For School Shootings Since Newtown Tragedy
- Meet the Artist: Watercolor Painter Alexis Lavine
- McCrory Pushes Tax Credits At Opening For Company That Hasn't Used Them
- UNCSA's "Dying For It," Tiny House Expedition, Jeremy B. Jones, and Piedmont Triad Jazz Orchestra
Thu June 6, 2013
Blue Ridge Music Center Hosts Roseanne Cash, John Leventhal, and Wayne Henderson Concert
Did you know that The Blue Ridge Parkway is one of the most biologically diverse places in the world with more species of trees than are found in all of Europe?
Or how about the fact that it draws 16-million visitors each year, more than Yellowstone, Yosemite, and the Grand Canyon combined. That’s right, and nobody knows it better than Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation CEO Carolyn Ward, and Blue Ridge Music Center Manager, fiddle performer, and instructor Erynn Marshall. They’re here to remind us just how it came to be that all of the beauty of the Blue Ridge is available to us for free: it gets help from people who take ownership in our national parks.
Next Friday, June 14th at 7:00pm you’ll have a wonderful opportunity to do just that and in the midst of musical royalty. The Roseanne Cash Fundraiser Concert for the Blue Ridge Music Center will also feature guitarist John Leventhal and master guitarist and luthier Wayne Henderson. Tickets are just 20 bucks, and a lucky few will be able to attend a pre-concert benefit and reception beginning at 5:00pm. Erynn and Carolyn shared this preview.