Most Active Stories
- 'In God We Trust' Motto To Be Installed On NC Government Buildings
- Neighbors Lobby For More Regulation On Chicken Farms
- Forsyth County Among Worst For Income Mobility
- Playwright Beth Henley, Artist Alexis Lavine, "The Wire", and Composer Tom Hauser
- Environmental Groups Take Legal Action Against Large Factory Farms
Tue September 3, 2013
BOOKMARKS Book Festival Kicks Off This Weekend
BOOKMARKS festival of books and authors is back this Saturday, September 7th from 10-5. The vast majority of events are free, and they’ll once again take place in Winston-Salem’s Downtown Arts District at 6th and Trade Streets. BOOKMARKS offers year round programming for all ages including the festival, a growing authors in schools program, and author talks. BOOKMARKS festival of books and authors 2013 features 46 programs in all, with more than 30 authors, including Debbie Macomber, and Dork Diaries author Rachel Renee Russell.
BOOKMARKS Executive Director Ginger Hendricks says new to the festival this year is the Eat and Greet series. Readers can mingle with cookbook authors throughout the city: Sherri Brooks at Whole Foods; Debbie Macomber at Old Salem; Adrian Miller sharing soul food recipes at Sweet Potatoes, and a gluten-free hang with Paleo Cooking author Elana Amsterdam at Mary’s Gourmet Diner. David Ford spoke with BOOKMARKS Executive Director Ginger Hendricks.