Most Active Stories
- J. W. Pepper Music Presents "Summer Sacred Choral Showcase"
- Triad To Do: The Fantastic Four, Blueberries, and Beermosas
- Triad Arts Live: Snuzz, Jeffrey Dean Foster, and (Coming Up!) The Tyler Nail Trio
- Local Textile Company Makes A 'Seamless' Transition To Spur Growth
- New Discoveries From NASA’s New Horizons Mission to Pluto
Mon September 17, 2012
Breaking Family Tradition
By David Matthews
Matthews is a 1962 graduate of Wake Forest University. 50 years ago during his senior year, it integrated the student body. Now WFU is commemorating this historic decision with Faces of Courage, a series honoring those who have and continue to enrich Wake Forest’s diverse and inclusive community. In this Real People, Real Stories segment, Matthews describes how his college experiences broke the generational cycle of prejudice in which he grew up.