Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Around the Nation
Fri April 25, 2014
Calif. Politician Disputes Misdemeanor Charges
Originally published on Fri April 25, 2014 8:09 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
A California politician is defending himself against misdemeanor charges. But his defense is nearly as awkward as the charge. Santa Rosa Supervisor Efren Carrillo is accused of being a peeping Tom. Mr. Carrillo admits that, yes, he made a late night visit to a neighbor. And yes, it's true he was wearing only socks and underwear at the time. But he says he was not looking in windows. The supervisor says he was merely drunk.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.