Most Active Stories
- Tiny House Expedition Holds Community Showcase, Pop-Up Park, and Party Before Hitting the Road
- Songs of Water, Tiny House Expedition, Bio Ritmo, and Peppercorn Theatre
- Could A New Skyscraper Spring Up In Greensboro?
- North Carolina Religious Exemption Bill On Marriage Now Law
- Marriage Bill, Religious Freedom An Uneasy Mix With Businesses
Thu May 8, 2014
Celtic Pottery Studios Creates Functional and Decorative Pottery with Crystalline Glazes
Since 2002 Celtic Pottery Studios has created both functional and decorative pottery and sculptures with elegant crystalline glazes. Janet Gaddy and Timothy Moran began the studio back in 2002 in Danbury, Virginia and now call Brown Summit, North Carolina home. Their partner Jeremy Lea lives in Portland, Maine, and the trio works on pottery full time. Striking crystals that resemble snowflakes or flowers in various stages of bloom are grown inside the zinc-based glazes during the firing process, and a single plate, vase, or platter can take up to 30 hours to create. Tim spoke with David Ford about his connection to the art.
Timothy Moran and his wife Janey Gaddy offer studio tours at their location in Brown Summit, NC.