Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- J. W. Pepper Music Presents "Summer Sacred Choral Showcase"
- Triad To Do: The Fantastic Four, Blueberries, and Beermosas
- Local Textile Company Makes A 'Seamless' Transition To Spur Growth
- As The NC Court Weighs Voucher Program, Families Play The Waiting Game
Fri June 27, 2014
Chatham-Randolph Megasite Ready for Auto Manufacturing Plant & Other Development
Earlier this month the more than 1,800-acre megasite in Chatham and Randolph counties received official state certification, making it the largest site in North Carolina with the designation and the only certified Megasite.
Official certification means the Chatham-Randolph Megasite has met and gone through really a rigorous set of requirements outlined by the state to prove that the site could be ready for construction within a year.
That’s a crucial step in marketing the site to potential end users like an automobile manufacturer. The auto plants themselves create thousands of jobs, but each specific plant manufacturing job can create six to seven related positions.
Catherine Carlock, a reporter with the Triad Business Journal toured that site last week and features the development in the newspaper’s cover story. She explains why certification is such a huge step for the project.