Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Fri July 18, 2014
Chocolate Alchemy with Chocolate Maker and Baker Jiliana Dulaney
Moravian Spice Cookie Truffle with Fresh Ginger, Crème Brulee with Caramel and Hazelnut, Saffron Curry - these are just a few of the over 150 flavor combinations created by chocolate alchemist Jiliana Dulaney. Dulaney is the owner of Winston-Salem-based Haute Chocolate, now housed at Twin City Hive on Brookstown Avenue. A self-taught chocolatier and baker, Jiliana and her creations have been featured in publications such as Southern Living, and on the CNN food blog Eatocracy. Jiliana stopped by to tell Bethany Chafin about the art of chocolate making, and collaborating locally.
At Twin City Hive on Brookstown Avenue, visitors can also enjoy curated coffees from around the state of North Carolina. This Sunday, July 20th, is the Twin City Hive Artist Market. The Market begins at 12pm at 301 Brookstown Avenue, and will feature local artisans including Twin City Hive's two Artists of the Month, Jennifer O'Kelly and Dale Edwards. Their works are currently on display in the shop. To hear more about the craft of chocolate making, tune in to Triad Arts Weekend.