Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Wed June 18, 2014
The Collabative Presents "A Night of Story and Song"
This weekend "A Night of Stories & Song" comes to The Creative Center in Greensboro. It’ll feature live performances by Lawyers Guns & Money, Molly McGinn and Sam Frazier. Sam and Molly will play a short set, followed by Lawyers Guns & Money, and later in the evening they’ll join the band for some collaborative musical magic. It’s an evening dedicated to song writers, their songs and the stories behind them, and it's presented by The Collabative. Collabative founder Kris Ferris says the word is a combination of collaborate and creative. He’s a singer/songwriter himself, and we sample from his CD Private Passion in today's Triad Arts. He stopped by for a concert preview.
"A Night of Stories & Song" begins at 6:00 pm with food, drink and conversation until the music begins at 7:30 pm. Then it’ll be live performances by Lawyers Guns & Money, Molly McGinn and Sam Frazier. The concert takes place at The Creative Center in Greensboro, 900 16th Street, and concert goers are encouraged to bring a snack or finger-food-type item to be shared by all, and their choice of beverage. Wine or beer is to be brown-bagged, and there are no tickets to buy because the event is free and open to the public. Much like public radio, listeners hear the performance, reflect on its value to them, and leave a donation in whatever amount they choose.