Most Active Stories
- HondaJet Promises Growth For Emerging Aviation Industry
- Study: Hunger In Greensboro-High Point Worst In Nation
- Environmental Groups Take Legal Action Against Large Factory Farms
- "No Dwelling: Homeless in America", Jerry Douglas, "Heart of Wilderness", and UNCG Spring Dance
- Artist Camilo Perdomo Discusses His Exhibit "Divine Spark"
Mon April 21, 2014
Completing Unfinished Business
On April 21 in Boston, this Greensboro man will complete the 'granddaddy' of marathon races.
On April 21, Boston will host what many consider to be the Olympics of marathon races, the Boston Marathon. Craig Spinale and five others from Guilford County will be among the record number of 36,000 runners from around the world competing. His number is 25904. He says this will be an emotional race because he will finally cross the finish line.
In 2013, race officials rerouted Spinale and 5,600 other runners after two bombs went off. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his older brother Tamerlan detonated the devices--killing three people and wounding 260 others. Dzhokhar has pleaded not guilty to a 30-count federal indictment charging him in twin explosions.
Spinale was not wounded. He lives in Greensboro with his wife Gina and their daughters, Jessica and Anna. On Real People, Real Stories, he describes his roller-coaster journey that’s carried him from Greensboro to Boston.