Most Active Stories
- A Virus That Kills Cancer
- One Small Bite For Man: NASA Astronauts Eat Space-Grown Food
- Triad Arts Live With The Tyler Nail Trio And David Payne's New Memoir "Barefoot To Avalon"
- $100 Million Redevelopment Project Breathes New Life Into Revolution Mill
- Guilford County Animal Shelter Director Suspended
Thu March 14, 2013
Composer Kenneth Frazelle and "A Book of Days"
North Carolina composer and University of North Carolina School of the Arts professor Kenneth Frazelle has written works for an extensive list of world-renowned performers including cellist Yo-Yo Ma, soprano Dawn Upshaw and choreographer Bill T. Jones just to name a few.
Later this month the SECREST performance series at Wake Forest University will present the highly acclaimed violin, clarinet, and piano trio Strata in the world premiere of Ken’s new work titled “A Book of Days”. It’s based on passages from one of Wake Forest University’s most famous alumni, poet and author A. R. Ammons. The performance is Thursday night, March 21 at 7:30pm in Brendle Recital Hall on the Wake campus. Ken dropped by WFDD to talk about the new work, the ensemble Strata (violinist/violist James Stern, clarinetist Nathan Williams and pianist Audrey Andrist), and his first chance meeting with a poem by A.R. Ammons more than 30 years ago.