Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Conversations On Jazz: Marcus Miller And David Sanborn Come To The Triad
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
Fri April 4, 2014
Dan River's Polluted Past & Will it Completely Recover From Massive Coal Ash Spill?
Each week, Justin Catanoso talks with a reporter from WFDD’s media partner, the Triad Business Journal. The Business Report is featured during Morning Edition and All Things Considered.
This week, the tables are turned and WFDD’s Keri Brown interviews Catanoso about his story in the Triad Business Journal. He looks at how although two-thirds of the Dan River is unaffected by the Duke Energy coal-ash spill, the impact of the environmental disaster seems to have no boundaries.
Justin Catanoso is director of the journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to WFDD.
To read Justin’s full story about the Dan River dilemma and for more breaking business news in the Piedmont, go to -- triad.bizjournals.com.