Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Chocolate Alchemy with Chocolate Maker and Baker Jiliana Dulaney
Thu September 19, 2013
Dance Gala Greensboro: The Vital Grace Project Kicks Off 17 Days Festival
Dance Gala Greensboro: The Vital Grace Project is Friday, September 20th at 7:00 pm in Aycock Auditorium. It’s the opening night of the 17 Days Festival. Vital Grace Project director and University of NC at Greensboro Associate Professor Duane Cyrus danced with Martha Graham and Alvin Ailey before beginning Cyrus Art Production and choreographing his own works. In Dance Gala Greensboro, Duane hopes to engage a range of communities with works by Graham, Charles Moore and others. Images from his book Vital Grace: The Black Male Dancer will be projected on a large screen behind the dancers during the performance.
There will be a pre-show talk open to all ticket holders from 6:15-6:45pm, and a post-performance reception for invitees at 8:30 pm.