Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
Thu December 19, 2013
December Issue of Our State Features "A Prayer for North Carolina"
Our State Magazine is out. This month’s cover features a Mason jar snow bottle decked out with a little cardinal in a Frazier Fir tree. Inside you’ll find beautiful hand-made Christmas gifts at the John C. Campbell Folk School, the best Country Ham for Christmas breakfast, fantastic holiday stories by award-winning NC authors, and as always incredible photographs that bring the stories to life. New to this December’s issue are a group of 16 people of faith who share their powerful reflections on Our State. The feature is called A Prayer for North Carolina. Editor in Chief Elizabeth Hudson told David Ford about it.
As a companion to this December’s feature A Prayer for North Carolina, you’ll find a fascinating, immersive experience on line with each clergy contributor reading his or her essay aloud with supplemental video, entire photo galleries, and more (click link above). The readings are accompanied by new works composed and recorded by some of the luminaries of the NC music scene including The Kruger Brothers, Shana Tucker, and Rhiannon Giddens.