Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- UNCG Historian: Greensboro Bill Defies NC History of Local Control
- Ethnosh Brings People Together Through Food
- Meet the Artist: Saxophonist and Composition Student Anna Meadors
- Local Filmmakers Screen "Unmappable" at SxSW
Fri April 11, 2014
Despite Challenges to Healthcare Industry, Novant Health Sees Steady Growth
Each week, WFDD contributor Justin Catanoso interviews a reporter from our media partner, the Triad Business Journal. This week's Business Report focuses on a major player in the state's healthcare industry: Winston-Salem-based Novant Health.
Novant has traveled a steady path to growth. Formed in 1997 by the merger of Presbyterian Hospital in Charlotte and Forsyth Memorial, the health care system now has 15 hospitals in four states and more than 25,000 employees. With new executives in charge, Novant is poised to grow even more.
The Triad Business Journal’s Owen Covington evaluates the growth strategy and the people behind it.
Owen Covington covers health care, insurance, law/bankruptcy court, media/advertising, local government and sports business for the Triad Business Journal. To read Owen Covington’s full story about Novant Health and for more business news in the Piedmont, go to triad.bizjournals.com.
Justin Catanoso is director of the journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to WFDD.