Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Wed October 23, 2013
Dynamic Group Rhythm and Brass Provides UNCSA Residency
By David Ford
Rhythm & Brass has lived up that ideal, and this weekend they’re coming to the Triad with a program that weaves together works from Bach to Bee Bop and far beyond where you ever thought a brass quintet plus percussion could go. The concert is Saturday night, October 26th at 7:30 PM in Watson Hall on the University of NC School of the Arts campus. The American Record Guide calls Rhythm & Brass “nothing short of stunning”. Tom Brantley is the group’s trombonist.
Their UNCSA residency is free and open to the public. There’ll be lectures on everything from practice concepts to starting a chamber group and how to market yourself, jazz, pop and new music clinics, master classes, and more.