Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Chocolate Alchemy with Chocolate Maker and Baker Jiliana Dulaney
Wed February 19, 2014
The Enrichment Center Celebrates Mardi Gras
For years The Enrichment Center in Winston-Salem—an Affiliated Chapter of The Arc—has been empowering individuals with disabilities and providing them opportunities for personal growth. They offer dozens of choices for learning spanning the entire spectrum of arts, as well as a career placement division with on-site training services that extend through the life of the job. Development Director and Hickory native, Lauren Davis works collaboratively with several organizations to expand the learning environment at the Center. She’s joined by Executive Director, Valerie Vizena. Valerie has worked with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities for 35 years. The South Louisiana native says she loves seeing people realizing a level of independence and the excitement of success. One of Valerie’s many successes has been the annual Mardi Gras Gala Celebration to benefit The Enrichment Center.
Enrichment Center Development Director Lauren Davis. She was joined by Executive Director, Valerie Vizena. Mardi Gras: A Gala Celebration to benefit The Enrichment Center is Friday night, February 21st at 6:30 p.m. in the Donald Julian Reeves Student Activity Center at Winston-Salem State University. There’ll be live music, authentic New Orleans cuisine, a parade with this year’s King and Queen, a mask competition, and more.