Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Sun May 19, 2013
Entering Mom's World to Learn About Myself
Helen Naples’s mother, Kim, is from South Korea. In 1960,Kim was nineteen and came came to the U.S. as a new bride.
In this segment of StoryLine, Naples describes to her friend Ana Tampanna the impact traveling with her mother to South Korea has had on her. "I now have a deeper appreciation for Mom and her traditional ways," says Naples. She also feels being in South Korea helped her gain a better understanding of herself and of her two daughters, Mia and Anna.
StoryLine gives voice to everyday people throughout our community as they share the experiences that shape their lives. It is a project of the ECHO Network, dedicated to building trusting relationships in our community.