Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Chocolate Alchemy with Chocolate Maker and Baker Jiliana Dulaney
Mon August 12, 2013
The "Expressions of Joy" on Piano
Joy Brit Reavis began playing piano when she was 6 years old and just four years later she put pen to paper on the first of what would be many childhood compositions. After getting married, Joy put her composing on hold until her children were grown, and now she’s back with a vengeance. She’s already released two CDs of solo piano music—Expressions of Joy, a set of originals and her Christmas album Tidings of Joy—and she’s currently working on her third titled Joy of Nature. Tonight from 7-8pm you can hear Joy perform a free one-hour piano concert at the Walkertown Library. Her performance of original music will be accompanied by nature photographs by local photographer Scott Gibbs. His images will be projected on a large screen behind Joy throughout her performance. David Ford began by asking about Joy’s return to composition after so many years away.
In today's show, we sampled from Joy's CD of original works, Expressions of Joy. She’s currently working on her third recording of original music titled Joy of Nature, and Joy looks forward to writing and recording music for film.