Most Active Stories
- Rosetta: Space probe drops robotic lander on comet 67P
- Report: NC 4th in Nation For School Shootings Since Newtown Tragedy
- Meet the Artist: Watercolor Painter Alexis Lavine
- McCrory Pushes Tax Credits At Opening For Company That Hasn't Used Them
- UNCSA's "Dying For It," Tiny House Expedition, Jeremy B. Jones, and Piedmont Triad Jazz Orchestra
Fri April 18, 2014
Family-Owned Allen Industries Sees Growth
Greensboro-based Allen Industries is one of the nation’s largest makers of high-profile commercial signs.
Allen Industries is a family-owned company that began in High Point in 1931 with the vision and passion of Thomas R. Allen. Some of their clients include Hardees and other fast food chains, as well as professional sports teams.
In this week’s Business Report, WFDD contributor Justin Catanoso interviews reporter Katie Arcieri, about her cover story in the Triad Business Journal. Arcieri goes inside Allen Industries. She talks with its top leaders, and she reports on the remarkable success of this third-generation family business.
Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD.