Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
Fri April 18, 2014
Family-Owned Allen Industries Sees Growth
Greensboro-based Allen Industries is one of the nation’s largest makers of high-profile commercial signs.
Allen Industries is a family-owned company that began in High Point in 1931 with the vision and passion of Thomas R. Allen. Some of their clients include Hardees and other fast food chains, as well as professional sports teams.
In this week’s Business Report, WFDD contributor Justin Catanoso interviews reporter Katie Arcieri, about her cover story in the Triad Business Journal. Arcieri goes inside Allen Industries. She talks with its top leaders, and she reports on the remarkable success of this third-generation family business.
Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD.