Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
Fri April 18, 2014
Family-Owned Allen Industries Sees Growth
Greensboro-based Allen Industries is one of the nation’s largest makers of high-profile commercial signs.
Allen Industries is a family-owned company that began in High Point in 1931 with the vision and passion of Thomas R. Allen. Some of their clients include Hardees and other fast food chains, as well as professional sports teams.
In this week’s Business Report, WFDD contributor Justin Catanoso interviews reporter Katie Arcieri, about her cover story in the Triad Business Journal. Arcieri goes inside Allen Industries. She talks with its top leaders, and she reports on the remarkable success of this third-generation family business.
Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD.