Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Fri April 18, 2014
Family-Owned Allen Industries Sees Growth
Greensboro-based Allen Industries is one of the nation’s largest makers of high-profile commercial signs.
Allen Industries is a family-owned company that began in High Point in 1931 with the vision and passion of Thomas R. Allen. Some of their clients include Hardees and other fast food chains, as well as professional sports teams.
In this week’s Business Report, WFDD contributor Justin Catanoso interviews reporter Katie Arcieri, about her cover story in the Triad Business Journal. Arcieri goes inside Allen Industries. She talks with its top leaders, and she reports on the remarkable success of this third-generation family business.
Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD.