Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Fri April 18, 2014
Family-Owned Allen Industries Sees Growth
Greensboro-based Allen Industries is one of the nation’s largest makers of high-profile commercial signs.
Allen Industries is a family-owned company that began in High Point in 1931 with the vision and passion of Thomas R. Allen. Some of their clients include Hardees and other fast food chains, as well as professional sports teams.
In this week’s Business Report, WFDD contributor Justin Catanoso interviews reporter Katie Arcieri, about her cover story in the Triad Business Journal. Arcieri goes inside Allen Industries. She talks with its top leaders, and she reports on the remarkable success of this third-generation family business.
Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD.