Most Active Stories
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Friday March 7, 2014
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Tuesday March 4, 2014
- Your Federal Tax Refund Could Be Delayed
- Guilford County Schools Closed Monday Because of Ongoing Power Outages
- 'Thank God for Gas, Generators & Headlights - Guilford County Residents Struggle Without Power
Thu January 31, 2013
Festival Stage and Wake Forest University present 33 Variations
Theatre is a highly collaborative art form in general, but Festival Stage’s new production of 33 Variations by Moises Kaufman takes it to a whole new level.
The Winston-Salem and High Point based company now in its third year has embarked on an unprecedented collaboration with Wake Forest University that taps the school’s departments of music, history, dance, medicine and theatre to produce Kaufman’s Tony award-winning drama.
Performances lectures and exhibits surrounding 33 Variations will be February 1 through the 24 with opening night in Hanesbrands Theatre on Thursday, February 7. Wake Forest University assistant director and associate professor of theatre Brook Davis and Festival Stage resident director Steve Umberger spent two years in the planning stages for 33 Variations, and they recently joined David Ford to explain.