Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Helen Simoneau Danse Begins International Tour
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Concert Will Showcase Pop Music of Winston-Salem
Thu January 31, 2013
Festival Stage and Wake Forest University present 33 Variations
Theatre is a highly collaborative art form in general, but Festival Stage’s new production of 33 Variations by Moises Kaufman takes it to a whole new level.
The Winston-Salem and High Point based company now in its third year has embarked on an unprecedented collaboration with Wake Forest University that taps the school’s departments of music, history, dance, medicine and theatre to produce Kaufman’s Tony award-winning drama.
Performances lectures and exhibits surrounding 33 Variations will be February 1 through the 24 with opening night in Hanesbrands Theatre on Thursday, February 7. Wake Forest University assistant director and associate professor of theatre Brook Davis and Festival Stage resident director Steve Umberger spent two years in the planning stages for 33 Variations, and they recently joined David Ford to explain.