Most Active Stories
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Friday March 7, 2014
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Tuesday March 4, 2014
- Your Federal Tax Refund Could Be Delayed
- Guilford County Schools Closed Monday Because of Ongoing Power Outages
- 'Thank God for Gas, Generators & Headlights - Guilford County Residents Struggle Without Power
Mon October 7, 2013
Fight or Flight
Sometimes the best way to outrun a frightening situation is to turn and face it.
As humans, there are times when we all encounter something that scares us to our core. Guest commentator Tracy Morrison says for her, that time was when her five-year-old son Anthony was diagnosed with diabetes. He is now 24 and managing his disease.
When her son was new to diabetes, Morrison feared it would kill him. In this segment of WFDD’s Real People, Real Stories, Morrison describes how refinishing her stairs helped her overcome her greatest fear.