Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Mon October 7, 2013
Fight or Flight
Sometimes the best way to outrun a frightening situation is to turn and face it.
As humans, there are times when we all encounter something that scares us to our core. Guest commentator Tracy Morrison says for her, that time was when her five-year-old son Anthony was diagnosed with diabetes. He is now 24 and managing his disease.
When her son was new to diabetes, Morrison feared it would kill him. In this segment of WFDD’s Real People, Real Stories, Morrison describes how refinishing her stairs helped her overcome her greatest fear.