Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Wed April 9, 2014
Filmmaker David Gordon Green Screens New Film "Joe" at RiverRun International Film Festival
David Gordon Green burst onto the film scene with his critically acclaimed film George Washington, which was shot in Forsyth County. He went on to make films in a variety of genres, from serious fare like All The Real Girls & Undertow, to comedies like Pineapple Express, and the HBO series Eastbound and Down. His film Prince Avalanche screened at last year’s RiverRun International Film Festival, and this year he brought RiverRun attendees the film Joe, a southern gothic starring Nicolas Cage. David Gordon Green graduated from UNCSA in 1998 and he started off talking about his experience there.
The music in today's show is from the Prince Avalanche score by Explosions in the Sky.