Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Mon February 11, 2013
Fire Pink Trio to Perform "Music at Watson"
When violist Sheila Browne first joined flutist Debra Reuter-Pivetta, and harpist Jacquelyn Bartlett in performance as a trio, there was a chemistry there that neither Jacqui nor Debi had experienced before. The result: Fire Pink Trio.
A year later Fire Pink is one of the Triad’s hottest new chamber ensembles, and you can hear them in concert on Tuesday, February 19 as part The UNC School of the Arts’s Music at Watson series. The concert in Watson Hall on the UNCSA campus begins at 7:30pm. On the program next Tuesday will be music by Beethoven, Camille Saint-Saens, Sofia Gubaidulina and 20th century Brazilian composer Hector Villa Lobos.
In addition to their performance on the 19th, Fire Pink Trio will be at North Carolina State on Valentine's Day. You can find Fire Pink Trio's complete performance schedule here. Last week Jacqui, Debi and Sheila dropped by the WFDD studios to chat about their upcoming performance, and they played Live in Studio A.