Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Thu June 5, 2014
First Lady Michelle Obama Will Speak at Dr. Maya Angelou's Memorial
First Lady Michelle Obama will join other dignitaries to celebrate the life and contributions of Dr. Maya Angelou.
Saturday, June 7, 2014, Mrs. Obama will speak at a special memorial on the campus of Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem. This event will begin at 10 a.m. in Wait Chapel and is closed to the public. The campus will also be closed. Dr. Angelou was an award-winning author, renowned poet and civil rights activist. Last Wednesday, May 28, she died in her Winston-Salem home after battling health problems. She was 86.
Wake Forest University will live stream the service at