Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
Thu June 5, 2014
First Lady Michelle Obama Will Speak at Dr. Maya Angelou's Memorial
First Lady Michelle Obama will join other dignitaries to celebrate the life and contributions of Dr. Maya Angelou.
Saturday, June 7, 2014, Mrs. Obama will speak at a special memorial on the campus of Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem. This event will begin at 10 a.m. in Wait Chapel and is closed to the public. The campus will also be closed. Dr. Angelou was an award-winning author, renowned poet and civil rights activist. Last Wednesday, May 28, she died in her Winston-Salem home after battling health problems. She was 86.
Wake Forest University will live stream the service at