Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Wed December 12, 2012
The Forget-Me-Nots are young fiddlers Willa and Ledah Finck and Maura Shawn Scanlin. The three teenagers have been performing together for more than a decade. They began in 2002 as a trio of Suzuki all-stars at the tender ages of 6, 7 and 8 years old respectively, and today the Boone natives are national competition winners with three CDs under their belts.
You can hear them live in concert on Friday, July 13 at 5:00 PM during Music on the Lawn at the Jones House, at the Watauga Arts Council in Boone. Be sure to bring a blanket or a chair. Saturday, July 14th starting at 12:30, The Forget-Me-Nots will be at the Sugar Grove MusicFest with a terrific lineup of bands in another intimate setting. Ledah and Maura Shawn dropped by WFDD shortly after the release of their CD Blooming.