Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- William Tyler, Clark Whittington of Art-o-mat, Mary Dalton, and Hiss Golden Messenger
- When Science and Art Become A Thing . . .
Thu November 14, 2013
The Future of North Carolina Shakespeare Festival
North Carolina Shakespeare Festival announced that it was suspending operations, effective immediately. Extreme financial challenges in a difficult fundraising climate were sighted as the root causes for the decision. In their announcement, the NCShakes Board of Trustees vowed to re-evaluate their programming and adjust their mission to alleviate the potential $300,000 budget shortfall. Artistic and Managing Director Pedro Silva joined the organization at its inception in 1977, becoming managing director six years later.
North Carolina Shakespeare Festival Artistic and Managing Director Pedro Silva spoke with David Ford. The Festival will put on a performance of the entertaining comedy Shakespeare on Trial on Tuesday, November 19th. The Festival’s annual production of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol has been a holiday tradition for 35 years. This year, th at High point Theatre.NCShakes is offering a musical Readers Theatre production of A Christmas Carol Unplugged as a fundraising event. It’ll be two shows only featuring many of the actors and all of the Christmas music from years past. Tickets are Pay All You Can, with a suggested minimum of $25.