Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Sun March 24, 2013
Give Yourself a Pat on the Back
In the late 1940’s, Delores Turner grew up in Opelika, Alabama. She was the youngest of six and always wanted to please her mother. It was a powerful motivation that pushed her to be a straight A student. But one day her desire changed. Delores describes to her friend Monica Johnson how a combination of disappointments and hard work influenced the new way she pursued success.
StoryLine gives voice to everyday people throughout our community as they share the experiences that shape their lives. It is a project of the ECHO Network, dedicated to building trusting relationships in our community.