Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Real Home of Christmas
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Sun March 24, 2013
Give Yourself a Pat on the Back
In the late 1940’s, Delores Turner grew up in Opelika, Alabama. She was the youngest of six and always wanted to please her mother. It was a powerful motivation that pushed her to be a straight A student. But one day her desire changed. Delores describes to her friend Monica Johnson how a combination of disappointments and hard work influenced the new way she pursued success.
StoryLine gives voice to everyday people throughout our community as they share the experiences that shape their lives. It is a project of the ECHO Network, dedicated to building trusting relationships in our community.