Most Active Stories
- Wake Forest Baptist Health President Leaving, Restructuring Continues
- Molly McGinn, RiverRun, Mary Poppins, Surry Old Time Fiddler's Convention, and Present Continuous
- Ethnosh Brings People Together Through Food
- Broadcast Of Sunrise Service Dates To The Early Days Of Local Radio
- Trouble In Paradise–Too Much Plastic In Our Oceans
Sun March 24, 2013
Give Yourself a Pat on the Back
In the late 1940’s, Delores Turner grew up in Opelika, Alabama. She was the youngest of six and always wanted to please her mother. It was a powerful motivation that pushed her to be a straight A student. But one day her desire changed. Delores describes to her friend Monica Johnson how a combination of disappointments and hard work influenced the new way she pursued success.
StoryLine gives voice to everyday people throughout our community as they share the experiences that shape their lives. It is a project of the ECHO Network, dedicated to building trusting relationships in our community.