Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
Sun March 24, 2013
Give Yourself a Pat on the Back
In the late 1940’s, Delores Turner grew up in Opelika, Alabama. She was the youngest of six and always wanted to please her mother. It was a powerful motivation that pushed her to be a straight A student. But one day her desire changed. Delores describes to her friend Monica Johnson how a combination of disappointments and hard work influenced the new way she pursued success.
StoryLine gives voice to everyday people throughout our community as they share the experiences that shape their lives. It is a project of the ECHO Network, dedicated to building trusting relationships in our community.