Most Active Stories
- The Barrier Islands: Islands in Motion
- "Sunset Edge" Filmmaker Daniel Peddle, Kim Thore, Mason Wood, John Purifoy, Triad To Do
- "Sunset Edge" Explores The Mysteries Of Youth, Director To Visit Winston-Salem
- Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust Will Invest Millions To Reduce Education Achievement Gaps
- J. W. Pepper Music Presents "Summer Sacred Choral Showcase"
Mon December 23, 2013
A Great Christmas Tastes like Pecan Pie, Buttermilk
One man has the best Christmas of his life on a deserted street, in a diner and far from home.
Most families look forward to spending Christmas together. However, guest commentator Mike Clark says not everyone grows up with Norman Rockwell experiences. In this segment of Real People, Real Stories, he recalls how the Christmas of 1955 was void of family holiday traditions. But on a deserted street, he discovered that little things can become much in the right hands. Clark moved to North Carolina in 1986. He's a freelance writer and lives in Greensboro with his wife.