Most Active Stories
- Report: NC 4th in Nation For School Shootings Since Newtown Tragedy
- Meet the Artist: Watercolor Painter Alexis Lavine
- Greensboro College "Back On Track" After Rocky Time
- McCrory Pushes Tax Credits At Opening For Company That Hasn't Used Them
- Winston-Salem Named Among Top Cities To Live For 35 & Under
Mon December 23, 2013
A Great Christmas Tastes like Pecan Pie, Buttermilk
One man has the best Christmas of his life on a deserted street, in a diner and far from home.
Most families look forward to spending Christmas together. However, guest commentator Mike Clark says not everyone grows up with Norman Rockwell experiences. In this segment of Real People, Real Stories, he recalls how the Christmas of 1955 was void of family holiday traditions. But on a deserted street, he discovered that little things can become much in the right hands. Clark moved to North Carolina in 1986. He's a freelance writer and lives in Greensboro with his wife.