Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- Ethnosh Brings People Together Through Food
- Molly McGinn, RiverRun, Mary Poppins, Surry Old Time Fiddler's Convention, and Present Continuous
- Meet the Artist: Saxophonist and Composition Student Anna Meadors
- Trouble In Paradise–Too Much Plastic In Our Oceans
Mon December 23, 2013
A Great Christmas Tastes like Pecan Pie, Buttermilk
One man has the best Christmas of his life on a deserted street, in a diner and far from home.
Most families look forward to spending Christmas together. However, guest commentator Mike Clark says not everyone grows up with Norman Rockwell experiences. In this segment of Real People, Real Stories, he recalls how the Christmas of 1955 was void of family holiday traditions. But on a deserted street, he discovered that little things can become much in the right hands. Clark moved to North Carolina in 1986. He's a freelance writer and lives in Greensboro with his wife.