Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Thu July 17, 2014
Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
The Greensboro based band Irata started in 2007. At that time they were an instrumental act, fusing ambient textures with progressive, metal leaning rhythms. After some lineup changes and self-imposed vocal training, they added full time guitar to the mix & brought the heavier aspects of their music to the forefront.
Irata have a new split 10” vinyl ep dropping this weekend, via Crimson Records. You can grab a copy and experience Irata live at two release shows – Friday July 18th at Ziggy’s , and Saturday July 19th at Chapel Hill Underground. Irata guitarist Cheryl Hall stopped by WFDD and told Eddie Garcia about the writing of the epic song Semjase.