Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- J. W. Pepper Music Presents "Summer Sacred Choral Showcase"
- Triad To Do: The Fantastic Four, Blueberries, and Beermosas
- Triad Arts Live: Snuzz, Jeffrey Dean Foster, and (Coming Up!) The Tyler Nail Trio
- Local Textile Company Makes A 'Seamless' Transition To Spur Growth
Fri May 16, 2014
GTTC Training Programs Fuel Job Growth as Aviation Industry Continues to Expand in Triad
Among the few consistent bright spots in the Triad economy has been the aviation industry.
From big players such as Timco and Honda Aircraft Company, to smaller parts makers such as Machine Specialties and Purolator Facets, aviation continues to add well-paying jobs to the local economy. Growing along with the industry has been Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC), whose training programs fuel the local job growth in aviation.
In this week’s cover story in the Triad Business Journal, reporter Katie Arcieri looks at the training offered at GTCC’s Davis Aviation Center near the Piedmont Triad International Airport, and how those programs are expanding.
Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD.