Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Real Home of Christmas
Tue July 23, 2013
Guest Artist, Cello Soloist Lynn Harrell to Play with Eastern Music Festival This Weekend
Eastern Music Festival in Greensboro continues through this weekend with a tremendous concluding concert by world renowned cello soloist Lynn Harrell. On Saturday night, July 27, at 8:00pm on the campus of Guilford College, EMF Music Director Gerard Schwarz will lead his friend, and the Festival Orchestra in a performance of Antonín Dvořák’s Cello Concerto in B minor.
In addition to offering amazing concerts for all audiences, EMF is also one of the most highly sought after summer programs for talented student musicians to study. They rehearse with great masters of their respective instruments and perform intensively at extremely high levels with their peers in orchestras and chamber music ensembles. Longtime EMF guest artist, and educator cello soloist Lynn Harrell spoke with David Ford by phone from his studio in Santa Monica, California.
Also on the EMF program, music by Aaron Kerni, his On Wings of Light, and Scheherazade, Op. 35, by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov. Whether you love classical, jazz, or bluegrass, EMF 2013 has something for you this season. You can hear part 2 of David's interview with Lynn Harrell on Friday during Triad Arts.