Most Active Stories
- Tiny House Expedition Holds Community Showcase, Pop-Up Park, and Party Before Hitting the Road
- Songs of Water, Tiny House Expedition, Bio Ritmo, and Peppercorn Theatre
- Could A New Skyscraper Spring Up In Greensboro?
- North Carolina Religious Exemption Bill On Marriage Now Law
- Marriage Bill, Religious Freedom An Uneasy Mix With Businesses
Wed November 6, 2013
Guilford Technical Community College Brings "Our Town" to Triad
By David Ford
Our Town, by American playwright Thornton Wilder turned 75 earlier this year. It begins with a Stage Manager in the story introducing the audience to the residents of a teeny New Hampshire town by the name of Grover’s Corners. By the final curtain, Wilder has covered daily life, love, marriage, death and eternity in this forward-looking, Pulitzer Prize-winning, 3-act play. Guilford Technical Community College brings Our Town to the Triad Thursday, November 7th through the 16th with evening performances at 8:00 PM at the GTCC Fine Arts Theatre on the Jamestown campus. GTCC Theatre Program Director June Guralnick is the author of several full-length plays dealing with American history. She spoke with David Ford along with Fly-by-Night Theatre Resident playwright, literary manager, and actor Tommy Trull who plays OurTown’s “Stage Manager”.