Most Active Stories
- A Virus That Kills Cancer
- One Small Bite For Man: NASA Astronauts Eat Space-Grown Food
- Triad Arts Live With The Tyler Nail Trio And David Payne's New Memoir "Barefoot To Avalon"
- $100 Million Redevelopment Project Breathes New Life Into Revolution Mill
- Wake Forest Baptist Funding Helps Alzheimer’s Research
Wed November 6, 2013
Guilford Technical Community College Brings "Our Town" to Triad
By David Ford
Our Town, by American playwright Thornton Wilder turned 75 earlier this year. It begins with a Stage Manager in the story introducing the audience to the residents of a teeny New Hampshire town by the name of Grover’s Corners. By the final curtain, Wilder has covered daily life, love, marriage, death and eternity in this forward-looking, Pulitzer Prize-winning, 3-act play. Guilford Technical Community College brings Our Town to the Triad Thursday, November 7th through the 16th with evening performances at 8:00 PM at the GTCC Fine Arts Theatre on the Jamestown campus. GTCC Theatre Program Director June Guralnick is the author of several full-length plays dealing with American history. She spoke with David Ford along with Fly-by-Night Theatre Resident playwright, literary manager, and actor Tommy Trull who plays OurTown’s “Stage Manager”.