Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
Mon October 7, 2013
HanesBrands Finalizes Acquisition of Maidenform Brands
HanesBrands is a marketer of basic apparel under such brands as Hanes, Champion, Playtex, Bali, JMS/Just My Size, barely there, Wonderbra and Gear for Sports. The company's international brands include Zorba, Sol y Oro, Rinbros, Track N Field and Ritmo.
Maidenform is a seller of bras, shapewear and intimate apparel, marketing brands such as Maidenform, Flexees, Lilyette, Self Expressions, and Sweet Nothings. Under license, the company has Donna Karan and DKNY intimate apparel.
Hanes Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Noll said in a statement released Monday, "Maidenform is a great company with strong brands and a rich tradition of innovation in intimate apparel. The Maidenform business and brands are a perfect addition and complement Hanes' Innovate-to-Elevate strategy, which integrates the company's world-class brands."
Hanes has a distribution center in Rural Hall, and the New Jersey-based Maidenform maintains a distribution center in the Fayetteville area.