Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Mon October 7, 2013
HanesBrands Finalizes Acquisition of Maidenform Brands
HanesBrands is a marketer of basic apparel under such brands as Hanes, Champion, Playtex, Bali, JMS/Just My Size, barely there, Wonderbra and Gear for Sports. The company's international brands include Zorba, Sol y Oro, Rinbros, Track N Field and Ritmo.
Maidenform is a seller of bras, shapewear and intimate apparel, marketing brands such as Maidenform, Flexees, Lilyette, Self Expressions, and Sweet Nothings. Under license, the company has Donna Karan and DKNY intimate apparel.
Hanes Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Noll said in a statement released Monday, "Maidenform is a great company with strong brands and a rich tradition of innovation in intimate apparel. The Maidenform business and brands are a perfect addition and complement Hanes' Innovate-to-Elevate strategy, which integrates the company's world-class brands."
Hanes has a distribution center in Rural Hall, and the New Jersey-based Maidenform maintains a distribution center in the Fayetteville area.